can it really be that time again? I’m not sure what it was about this week but it absolutely flew by.
the weekend jam this week is a bit slower paced than last week and has a little more folk jam. I think it’s because I’ve been so tired this whole week, for whatever reason, so I hope you all have as much of a chilled and relaxing weekend as I plan to have.
of course, I’m signing a lease on Sunday and working at my second job, but other than that I plan to totally do nothing of significance and enjoy it so much.
- unbelievers – vampire weekend
- put the gun down – zz ward
- the walker – fitz and the tantrums
- oh henry – the civil wars
- stars – grace potter and the nocturnals
- same old same old – the civil wars
- heavy feet – local natives
- sleep alone – two door cinema club
- move like u stole it – zz ward
- i sold my bed, but not my stereo – capital cities
I’m currently reading FIVE DAYS AT MEMORIAL by sheri fink and I can’t say enough good things about it. it’s a non-fiction title about the first five days at a major hospital in new orleans after hurricane katrina, and it is absolutely devastating. it’s a disaster narrative, the tale of the desperation and hopelessness in a hospital that had lost all power during a major storm, with almost no communication to or from the outside world.
currently I’m only about a third of the way through it (are we hooked up on goodreads?) but I’m absolutely in love with it and I think it’s something everyone should read. it’s not easy nor is it light, but it’s worth the read.
what are you up to this weekend?