You know, I’m usually not one for new year’s resolutions. They’ve always seemed a little trite, mostly because it doesn’t seem like most people wind up keeping them. But I think I’m going to make a few this year. Because while I know that I’ve made great strides in the last year, I also know that I still have miles of room for improvement.
All the same, I’m thrilled for 2012 to be here. I still can hardly believe it. 2011 was the year of healing, and I predict 2012 will be the affirmation of self. I know who I am and what I believe and where I want to go in life, and I’m dedicating 2012 to making that my concrete reality.
So, in no particular order,
- Read more. I only have about fifteen books on record for this year, and that’s embarrassing. I’m setting my Goodreads challenge to a higher number this year, and I fully intend to finish it out.
- Get back in shape. I used to be in pretty great shape, but the last year and a half haven’t been so good for my physical health. I have the time, the membership and the motivation, though, so I fully intend to take care of business.
- Keep writing. I failed on my promise of finishing a novel this year, so my next goal is to finish one before summer. I’ve also done a little bit of screenwriting lately and found that immensely enjoyable (though I know I’m basically on the wrong coast for that), so I might keep giving that a stab.
- Take advantage of every opportunity in NYC. I’m here, so I might as well meet everyone I can and go everywhere I can. That’s the whole point of living here, isn’t it?
- Continue blogging. I have a pet project that I’m working on in addition to this (another reason for my absence) that I hope to announce soon that I can attach to my professional information, so I’m really excited about that. I also want to keep blogging more here because I’ve been told countless times that people are depending on me to hear about my NYC adventures.
That’s really all I have for now. I know they’re vague, but I don’t want to put figures or make precise promises right now. My goal is to see improvement in myself, not to stress myself out over numbers and deadlines, as far as these go.
What are your resolutions? Link me to your posts!