If you know me in real life, you know that I’m late to a lot of things. I try really hard not to be, but sometimes things just fall behind or some bizarre thing happens that makes me late. I wish that were just an excuse, but half the time, I’m like, “No, but really, such and such happened and it made me late.” Even now that sounds like the worst excuse in the world. I know. I’m working on it.
But, luckily for you, it just means you get two posts in one day.
Yesterday was a really good day. I was trying to pinpoint one thing that made it so fantastic, and it’s really hard, so I’m just going to give you a rundown of the day in bullet points.
- Validated for school, no holds. I always have some kind of hold. Usually chapel, because I never go. But thankfully, not this semester. Last semester of school is go!
- Went to work. I was a few minutes late, so I already broke my only real life tangible resolution. But. Well. I’m trying. That’s all I’ve got there.
- We listen to a satellite station all day at work – in the past, we’ve only had three to choose from, so we use “Perimeter,” the indie band station, because the other two aren’t good. Today, apparently, though, my manager was flipping through the stations and we have some new ones. We listened to “Pop Party Mix” and “Shine Station” all day, so it was a mix of Top 40 songs from the past 50 years. Yes. I heard upbeat funk next to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. It was excellent, and made the day a lot more fun.
- I got a super cute dress at work. I probably didn’t need it, but it was just so cute. It’s a loose houndstooth print that has a few red little houndsteeth (?) on it. I got a cute red belt to go with it, and it’s not too much red with my hair.
- After work I went to Walmart to get a few things, like Windex and some 409, because I needed some pretty badly. I also happened to find a mini electric griddle. And when I say mini, it’s still probably a good two feet wide. I’d hate to see the regular sized one – or, actually, I’d love it. But it was hanging out on the clearance aisle, and I’ve wanted one for a while, and I didn’t have one, so clearly I needed to get it. Right? Right?? Well, anyway, I did, so I’m planning on making some delicious pancakes on it soon.
- I took myself out on a date for some sushi. I haven’t had a lot of relaxing time lately, so I just needed to go out by myself and have some time to just not have to worry about anything. I went to my favorite sushi place, Cafe de Taipei in Edmond, and hung out for a little while. I ate a spicy smoked salmon roll and a coffee/milk tea bubble tea with tapioca and coffee jellies. Yes, please. It was so good.
So that was pretty much my day, and it was great. I spent the majority of it at work, but I was fine with it. I really love my job, even if it is just retail, and I like most of the time I spend there.
Sometimes, I really like being alone. Not as much as I used to, because that was too much aloneness, but there’s a big difference between being lonely and being alone well. I like being alone every now and then because it allows me to renew my thoughts and to not have to worry about other people and it can be very refreshing. I also frequently use my alone time for writing, which is something I really don’t do enough of, at all.
I guess what I’m saying is I had a me day, a day when I just relaxed and unwound from life. The only thing I meant to and forgot to do was paint my nails. Fortunately, that isn’t exactly a crisis situation.
Lastly, I just published this post and this video showed up, which was both overwhelming at 6:45 am and also fantastic.